Trees are essential for our well-being. They provide us with cleaner air, shade, and fruits which we cherish. In times of growing air pollution and soil erosion, afforestation has become a need that every individual should take seriously. Yet, there are services that offer tree removal. When we know how beneficial trees are, why would we want them removed? And how does this tree removal service/company work?
Why do we need tree removal services?
Before we move forward, you should know that tree removal is not synonymous with deforestation or land clearing. Rather tree removal services are hired to ensure that trees do not cause damage to property or public services like electric wires and pavements. Trees have sturdy roots and are capable of causing structural damages to a building as the roots break through the foundation of the building. Once a crack is formed, the load tends to make the cracks grow more. Hence, opting for tree removal services becomes a necessity especially if you have a sturdy kind near your house. The other reasons to hire a tree removal company is when a tree looks sick, needs to be removed, needs trimming, or you need to plant a new one.
How to choose the correct tree removal company
When you have decided that the maple tree has gotten too close for comfort and you want to remove it, you will need to hire a professional tree removal company. But how to choose the right one? Here are a few tips to help you decide on the correct company for your requirements:
- Reviews – the very first thing you need to check is their ratings and reviews. And if a certified arborist recommends them then all the better. The tree removal job is dangerous and how well the company handles this task is reflected in their reviews. Another factor which is highlighted by these reviews is the number of happy customers the company has served.
- Certificates – tree removal is not just about cutting the tree and destroying the stump. It deals with the proper assessment of the tree and its liability. It also deals with handling potentially dangerous chemicals and equipment. The tree removal company has to have proper certificates to begin their services. This certificate is only provided when the company has passed all the tests for standardization and practices. They should have the certificates and license listed on their website.
- Insurances – the task of tree removal is dangerous and requires skill. The cutting and felling of the tree pose the most lethal threat and injuries are a given no matter what. When you are choosing a company, you must ensure they have the proper insurance or else you will be liable for any accidents. Make sure they are insured and its specifically mentioned in the contract.
- Estimates – the cost of removing a tree is not cheap but it isn’t an expensive affair either. When you are choosing a company, you should ask them to provide you with a breakdown of their service charges. This will help you understand the services they will provide. Once you get the estimates you can compare and choose the one that fits your budget and requirement.
- Time to get the job done – when the tree becomes an immediate threat, you want it removed faster. Opt for a company which will provide speedy yet safe service. Always ask for the time they will take to get the job done, properly.
- Protective gear: Ensure the tree removal services have the right tools for doing the job. Are they using some old truck or something well taken care of? what types of protective gears they are using earplugs, glasses, gloves, hard hats and vests.
The correct tree removal company can save your property and life
Experience speaks louder and that is true for the job of tree removal. While you call a reliable and reputed company to attend to the issue, you can also have them assess the area for future threats and have the job done along with the current work – as they say about nipping the bud. This will save time and future ac