What is the purpose of using Botox injections? For reducing the wrinkles on the face, we use Botox injections. You can also use this injection for the treatment of lazy eye, overactive bladder, excessive sweating and neck spasms. Preventing chronic migraines is also possible with the use of these injections. With the use of onabotulinumtoxinA, these injections help in preventing the movement of muscles temporarily. The botulism causing microbes produce this toxin. Basically, a food poisoning type is botulism. Botulinum toxin was used for the first time in a drug known as Botox. But nowadays incobotulinumtoxinA, rimabotulinumtoxinB and abobotulinumtoxinA are included in the other products.
How does it work?
For the contraction of muscles, a number of signals from nerves are responsible. These chemical signals are blocked with the use of Botox injections. Around the eyes and in the forehead, there are some wrinkles causing muscles. For relaxing these muscles temporarily, these injections play a good role. The functioning of the body is affected by a number of conditions. In order to treat these conditions, we use Botox injections. Some of the examples of these conditions are:
- Eye twitching – The eye is surrounded by a number of muscles. These muscles twitch and contract. For relieving this muscles’ twitching and contracture, these injections can help us.
- Bladder dysfunction – An overactive bladder can cause urinary incontinence. Reducing this urinary incontinence is possible with the use of these injections.
- Chronic migraine – Reducing the frequency of headaches that is caused by migraines is possible with the use of these injections.
- Hyperhidrosis – Sometimes without exertion and without a high temperature, sweating occurs at a large scale. This condition is known as hyperhidrosis. You can avoid this condition with the use of these injections.
- Muscle contractures – Sometimes towards the center of your body your limbs are pulled. This can occur because of cerebral palsy which is a neurological condition. With the use of these injections, it is possible to relax the contracted muscles of these types.
- Lazy eye – The eyes’ positioning takes place because of a number of muscles. If these muscles get imbalanced then a lazy eye occurs. With these injections you can easily avoid this.
- Cervical dystonia – If you can’t turn or twist your head comfortably because of uncontrolled contraction of the neck muscles then you suffer from pain. This condition is known as cervical dystonia. This injection helps in treating this condition.
Now I am going to tell you the side effects and risk of these injections.
In this procedure there are very few chances of risks. An illness like flu, pain and headache are included in the main risks. Sometimes the eyebrow area or the lids droop. Before injecting the drug, assessing the lids of the patient is necessary for the cosmetic surgeon. Because of frequently doing this procedure the 5 % patients suffer from Ptosis. Now what is Ptosis? If the eyelids droop severely then this condition is known as Ptosis. With the passing of time these types of minor complications get resolved.
A long-term damage can occur in the central nervous system with the traveling back of toxins in it.
Drooling or crooked smiles can occur because of this injection. Excessive tearing or the dryness of the eye occurs because of this.
In your body a spreading of the toxin by the injection can occur. After receiving this injection, you can feel a number of effects which are given below. In this case you need to take the help from a doctor.
- The control of bladder can be lost
- You can have problems in breathing
- Swallowing or speaking trouble
- Problems of vision
- Weakness in muscles
At the time of pregnancy or breastfeeding, don’t take this injection. This has been said by doctors. A number of individuals have allergies to the protein of cow’s milk. As per the doctors these individuals need not to take this injection.
Normally for treating the fine lines and wrinkles an effective and safe treatment is the Botox treatment. A procedure that is minimally invasive and fast is used at the Botox clinic. Within 10 days you will see very good results. After the treatment, your skin will look great for at least 6 months. But always use the best Botox in Dubai for the treatment.