Every woman has a different experience during their menstruation cycle. Some women have no pain, while others have severe symptoms of lower abdomen cramps and back and leg pain.
For most women, the menstruation cycle gets repeated after a gap of twenty-eight days, which is considered healthy. However, due to hormonal imbalance, some women might have longer intervals between their periods.
Even the duration and flow of periods differ from person to person. And because of which you get normal to heavy flow pads and tampons. There are various other mensuration products that you’ll find in the market, but still, many women prefer sanitary pads over tampons, menstruation cups, period pants, and more.
There are medical reasons behind why blood flow density and duration of menstruation vary in women. Suppose you have a heavy flow; you will not be able to manage in an ordinary pad.
You’ll have to buy a heavy flow pad for yourself if you have more than normal flow. But before that, you need to understand what causes heavy flow and whether you need different pads for it.
Reasons why you can experience heavy menstrual bleeding
- Uterine polyps is a condition in which the uterine lining grows more than its standard size, causing heavy menstrual bleeding and spotting.
- When the uterine lining grows in abnormal size and interferes with the muscular walls, this condition is called Adenomyosis. It leads to heavy flow or clotting.
- Irregular ovulation is caused due to hormonal imbalance. And when your body has a hormonal imbalance, it will cause ovulatory problems and lead to infertility, irregular periods, and heavy menstrual bleeding.
Why should you be using a heavy flow pad?
If you experience heavy menstrual flow, you will require a big or heavy flow sanitary pad that can provide you with all-day comfort. When you consider buying a heavy menstruation flow pad, you still need to follow some guidelines to protect yourself from any risks to your health.
Irrespective of the size of sanitary napkins or what type of mensuration products you use, the health care experts recommend changing them after six hours of use.
Six hours is considered to be a decent amount of time to use a single pad. However, if you have a heavy flow, you might need more than one pad in a short duration or invest in trusting heavy flow pads.
What are the benefits of heavy menstruation flow pads?
- They absorb blood clots and gushes
- They quickly absorb the liquid and convert it into gel due to SAP technology
- They have a super comfortable top layer made of pure cotton
- They have an extra-long and wide shape to avoid any leakage
- They have an extra glue grip so that the pad remains at its original place
- They have an advanced odor lock technology
- They have extra long wings and guards
- They are super absorbent and sweat proof
By choosing a reputed brand that offers heavy menstruation flow pads, you can relax and enjoy it all day long without stressing about stains. While searching for sanitary pads, you must conduct research and read reviews of all brands and their products.
The customer opinions are generally honest and will give you a proper understanding of what you must expect from the product. Once you find a decent product, you will never want to switch to another brand ever. So, take your time and pick what’s best for you.