A camping trip with friends and family is the best thing to do in any season, and especially in the summer. Spending time outside will improve your physical and mental health.
For camping, you need a checklist, so you don’t forget anything on the trip. You must carry essential items like a tent, sleeping bags, camping chairs, lighter and matches, waterproof bags, etc. A well-prepared journey will never let you and your fellow travellers down; hence, you need to keep a checklist for the camping trip.
Everybody makes sure that they take sleeping bags and BBQ stoves, but they forget the table and chairs. The places one camp may be a terrain, mountain or forest. But, a proper meal can’t be possible without the table and chairs. Especially if you have older people on your trip, they can’t sit in any place and eat. The old and young ones need to have some sort of a proper meal in time, during the camp.
You can sort the essential items into five categories:
- Shelter and comfort
- Clothing and accessories
- Kitchen accessories
- Hygiene essentials
- Important points to remember
These are the important classification of the checklist you need for the vacation. Each category is vital for the trip, and you can’t ignore it.
Now let’s look at the items one needs in every category.
Shelter and Comfort
- Sleeping bags
- Pillow and cushions
- Sleeping mat or camp bed if you are tent camping
- Table and camping chairs
- Mallet, spare pegs and puller
- Extra batteries, portable charger & cables
- Torch & head-torch
- Tent repair kit, gaffa tape, paracord, sewing kit, cable ties
- Air pump for the airbed (if you have one)
Clothing and Accessories
- Waterproof jacket, trousers and umbrella
- Clean and dry clothes to sleep in
- Woolly hat, gloves and sunhat
- Suitable footwear
- Spare underwear and socks
- Lightweight and fast-drying materials
- Sun protection and sunglasses
- Stove or BBQ
- Lighters or matches
- Coolbox or fridge
- Pots, pans and kettle
- Chopping board
- Plates, bowls and mugs
- Cooking and eating utensils
- Dishcloths and sponge
- Tea towels
- Washing up liquid and bowl
- Rubbish bags
- Tin & bottle opener
- Take all the toiletries that you would usually use (soap, shampoo, conditioner etc.)
- Any regular medicine
- First aid kit
- Hand sanitisers and antibacterial wipes
- Face masks to wear in communal areas
- Insect repellent
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
Important Points to Consider
- Booking details & tickets
- Travel insurance (if possible)
- Breakdown cover details for a better deal of insurance
- Details of the nearest veterinary hospital if you are taking your pets with you
Also, keep a list of the nearby hotels and hospitals from where you are camping (forest/remote places) to call for any urgency/emergencies. Though you have a first aid kit on the list, you cannot use it for every medical issue you may have during the trip. Keep in contact with the locals and inquire about the situation where you are camping (outdoors) like any warning for wild animals, goons, bandits etc.
Always stay in places where there is a network signal if possible; it will help during emergencies.
Following this checklist will surely help one to have a fantastic camping experience with their friends and family. Following the checklist takes care of all the things one must carry on their trip, so they don’t have to panic or call for help if anything goes wrong.