The capital of New South Wales, Sydney is home to more than 5 million people. It’s best known for the Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge, and Sydney Tower’s Skywalk.
If you’re looking to learn more about project home builders in Sydney and whether you should buy a project home, you’ve come to the right place.
First off, what is a project home? According to Undercover Architect, “A project home is a home built to a set design by a volume home-builder.”. You get to see how exactly your home will look like before you buy it ( by checking out a display home before you make a purchase ), plus, it’s usually much more economical than a typical house in Sydney.
Here is a list of different reasons as to why you ought to buy a project home in Sydney.
Since project homes are built, delivered and sold in mass production, you can benefit from a cheaper cost.
Factors That Affect The Cost
- Design – Project homes are so much more affordable than having a custom builder build it because you forgo the expense design costs like structural drawings, architectural design and construction drawings.
- Size of The Lot – A huge factor to keep in mind is the size of land your home is being built on.
- Soil Quality – The quality of the soil affects how easy or hard the land will be to build upon. Stones, clay and boulders on your block will make the house more expensive to build.
- Sloping Blocks – You may have to shell out extra money if your lot is located in a sloping area.
- Fixtures, Finishes and Variances In The Plan – A pool, carpeted flooring, or ornate marble stairs will definitely push up the final cost.
Security And Assurance Of A Good Final Product
Because you’re dealing with a reputed and well known builder, you can not only be rest assured you’ll get your finished house on time, but that the quality, amenities, and structure is up to par as project home builders have to adhere to housing standards.
Also, you’re able to see an already constructed version of your home with display homes, so you have a pretty good idea of what you’re getting into.
When you’re flipping through a catalogue of project homes, you have a variety of options, reasonably priced and all around the same cost. A custom home builder on the other hand, will build according to all your whims and fantasies, but will charge an arm and a leg.
Design Factors You Should Consider
- It makes the most of your lot.
- Has sufficient spaces and rooms that are appropriate to their use.
- Amount of spaciousness, storage and functionality.
Urbandeveloper.com says, “According to Corelogic, Sydney dwelling prices were up 3.7 percent overall for March. Sydney prices have now lifted by 6.7 percent during the first quarter of the year—the strongest quarterly growth since mid-2015.”
Overall, buying a project home is a major decision to make and you should take all the time you need before deciding to buy one. Explore all the endless options available on the internet to your heart’s desire, until you find the perfect one.
Whether you’re a first time homebuyer or more seasoned in buying homes, hopefully this article has helped you decide if you want to purchase a residency built by project home builders in Sydney.